Business in the front, party in the back.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

So little time!

Man, this incarceration deadline really snuck up me. One second I had a month left, now I'm down to 4 days. 4 days! OMG! OMG!

So I know off the bat that I don't have a lot of room in my jail cell, so I have to prioritize what I bring. I figure if I need more, I can have someone bring it to me, if I need less, I can send things home with Sean. Here is my list so far:

Entertainment:
Books
cards
dominoes
laptop, gear
dvds
dvd player
phone charger
bluetooth
ipod charger
water bottle
earplugs
down blanket
pillow
stamps
thank you cards

Clothing:
bras, underwear
socks
robe
slippers
Lots of clothes
going home outfit for me

Toiletries: (this makes me look more high maintenance than I feel)
laundry bag/s
face wash head band
shampoo
face wash
contact solution
extra contacts
glasses
face lotion
deodorant
loofah, body soap
sugar scrub
razor
hair foam, conditioner
toothpaste
toothbrush
caddy

Baby gear:
bag o' preemie clothes

What am I missing? I think work is going to keep me pretty busy (thankfully!), as are the evening visits from Sean and the intermittent visits from all of my wonderful friends and family. And if I squint real hard I can probably watch the 14" television. Seriously, it's tiny.


I love my husband more than words can say, but I have my suspicions about what will and won't make his priority list while I'm gone, so I want to do those things before I leave, just in case. Things like changing the bed, scrubbing the toilet, weeding the backyard, finishing the ironing pile, cleaning out the fridge - things that if left undone for 8 weeks will be even more of a pain to do when I return.

And I still need to buy a few things, like extra maternity T's, tank tops and pajama/sweat bottoms. I'll be transitioning more to weekend-style comfy clothes and I currently only have enough to get me through, you guessed it, the weekend.

We're still working out the whole parking situation, too. Since we'll be on the UW campus, there aren't any private lots/garages close by where we can get a monthly rate, and UW only offers quarterly rates to students and staff (but Sean is alumni!!). The only option we're down to is the hourly lot for UWMC and that can run around $7 a day even with validation, which adds up super quick. Taking the bus would involve two transfers, and walking very far would be harder if he has an armload of things (like laundry or dinner) that he's bringing along.

We still have a lot to learn about what to expect when I get there, but I suppose I'll have nothing but time to get the hang of it all. We have an ultrasound, non-stress test and final clinic appointment this afternoon - I can't wait to see the girls again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let me know if you need the DVD player... its currently collecting dust in the closet. And let me know if I need to give Sean a swift kick in the a** anytime soon. I'll be down as soon as you say you're ready :)