Business in the front, party in the back.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New photos!

We have a few new photos that I took this weekend!


From Charlotte and Lilah together


From Charlotte and Lilah together
The girls had a great weekend filled with lots of loving arms. On Saturday, I really wanted to go to the Mill Creek Garage Sales (for those of you not in the know, the city of Mill Creek only allows garage sales twice a year - the first Saturday in May and October - so the entire city turns into one gigantic sale!). I didn't go to the May sales because I was in the hospital but my great friend Sarah went on my behalf and picked up books and toys for the girls to use later down the line. Now I knew a little better what I still needed and what to look out for.

However, bringing the girls with me would have made it challenging, to say the least, because of having to get them out at every stop and finding someone to go with me who didn't have kids of their own to bring along! So, I asked my brother's girlfriend, Auntie Kristen, if she was interested in watching the girls. Luckily, she was expecting her sister Emily to visit and that gave her a little extra confidence to take on the task. So, I hit the sales with Kristina, her daughter Evelyn (who is exactly two months older than Charlotte and Lilah), her mom, Sheryl, and a friend of her moms. Now, I never pay sticker price at a garage sale, so I got some great deals on a sit-n-play, wire wickets to keep the girls away from the rose bushes next Spring, a mini-photo book that fits in my purse, and several warm and cozy outfits. Just a Lysol wipe later and we're ready for fun!

On Sunday, my great friends, Angie and Dana, offered to come over and watch the girls so Sean and I could go out on a date. Except for an hour at a restaurant nearby for my birthday, Sean and I haven't been out alone once since the girls came home, so needless to say, we were stoked. I think I skipped my way out the door and sang, "Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" with a huge grin on my face. Since it was a Seahawks away game day, and I know how much Sean loves his Hawks, I offered to go to the Northgate Ram so he could watch the game and we could still have conversation, food and beer. One beer in and we were both showing some serious "tired eyes" and debating whether to go out to the car to nap for the rest of the date. We were SO tired. Lucky for us, when we got home the girls were down for a nap, so we decided to take a chance and close our eyes for a bit, too. Two hours later (!!!) we all woke from our naps. It was lovely.

One thing I don't understand about the whole weekend is that everyone said the girls were "great" and not fussy or crying at all. So... they just save that for us. At least that means there's hope for our friends to offer to babysit again in the future!

No comments: