Business in the front, party in the back.

Monday, July 20, 2009

42 days old

Saturday to Sunday was a little challenging because Sean went to work at 3:30 Sunday morning so the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 feeds were all mine with both girls. Their special way of feeding because of their preemie status (on their side, tilted with head higher than chest, neck supported so you can feel their breaths just in case) means that I need both hands to feed one girl. Neither was in a terrible hurry to eat so each feeding was 45 minutes, times two, with pumping afterward. That left me an hour to sleep before doing it all again. I am so glad that he's taking the next three weeks off because I can't do the nights like that for long before dramatically losing IQ points.

When it was just Lilah, Sean and I would trade off feedings, but with both girls, we're each up every three hours to feed them. Days are fine because we can do chores or take naps in between feedings, but the nights are harder. Unfortunately, we're not hearing any volunteers for that task. We do think we're going to have to institute a trade-off for visiting: Call first and either bring food or do a chore in order to hold a kiddo. With all that goes on during our days we realize that we forget to eat and then are too lazy to actually fix something or ourselves. If it comes down to eating or sleep, that bed wins every time.

This is going to be an adventure. But who can hold it against babies this adorable?



(Charlotte - pink, Lilah - purple... we're starting to color code them as much as possible)

5 comments:

NanaHess said...

Love the color coding, specially since purple is my color! And I fully support the work for visit idea. I think most folks are holding off letting you 2 savor the time with the girls so now that you've put that out there prepare for visitors! Will arrange my visitation/work party with Tmo so we can captain our teams perspectively!

Mel and Clayton said...

Hey Britt, the babies are so cute! With planning my mom can help me out with the girls and I could come over for some chores/snuggles. Iris is always on the move and long snuggle time is getting harder to come by. I'd love to help you out! Congrats, mel.

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOO!!!! Love seeing them home and snuggled up together. It sounds like you and Sean need a full day of rest, and fortunately for you, Renea and I are ready to relieve you for a day so you can rest!!

Kristina Rutledge said...

"Lilah, Lavender". That's easy! :) We'll bring dinners, snuggles. Definetly have a list of chores ready. Garrett and I can trade off dealing with our bigger girl. :)

Anonymous said...

So maybe Brian & I babysitting won't be such a bad idea after all....