Business in the front, party in the back.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

34 days old

Lilah is home!! The doctor and Lilah both lived up to our deal! I called first thing in the morning to find out how her feeds went overnight and the nurse said that she had done wonderfully and the staff had already decided to send her home today. I went to visit her in the morning, not sure if they would really follow through or not, and when they clipped off her security tag I knew it was for real. I got back in the car and went home to pick up Sean so he could take part in bringing our daughter home.

We put Lilah in her car seat and had to surround her with swaddle blankets until she was safe and secure. Keep in mind that this is a normal-sized car seat!



Charlotte is not far behind her sister, either. She nippled every feed starting at 8 yesterday morning, so as long as she continues, she could be released as early as Monday. She is scheduled to get a cranial ultrasound on Monday morning, which is mandatory before she can go home, and tomorrow she'll have the car seat test. Of course, we're not going to plan on Monday since we've heard that story before, but it would be nice since Sean is off Sunday-Wednesday!

Already we can tell that having Lilah home is going to be great. It was not only the earliest I've been home in the evening since April, but in between feedings is pretty much all down time when we can get things done. I cleaned the kitchen and organized her gear to make some of the feeding processes easier - and that is more than I can usually fit in during a whole week! Of course, I did spend much of the evening just staring at her and cuddling....this is awesome!

4 comments:

G-MA said...

Woohoo! Way to go Lilah. Charlotte will miss her sister and soon will follow!

NanaHess said...

I can't even understand much less explain how excited I am for you guys. Such a huge moment. Amazing

Mel and Clayton said...

Love the picture of the three of you with Lilah in the car seat! Also love all the pics of the girls together, they are beautiful. Congrats!!!

Kristina Rutledge said...

help an 8lb newborn today and it made me really anxious to see your girls again. Evelyn is only three and a half months and she is already over double her birth weight. So glad you're enjoying this time because (and I can't stress this enough) they get big sooo fast!