Business in the front, party in the back.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

It's a boy!

Britt's entry -
I was talking to my friend Sarah on Friday afternoon and she mentioned that she had been taking care of a litter of 7 kittens that a stray cat had abandoned in her backyard. The kittens were young, maybe 3 weeks old, and a lot of work, so she finally ended up bringing them to the Everett Animal Shelter.

Sean and I have been talking about bringing another kitten home, one that would be young enough for Roscoe and Jumper to adapt to, so I was excited when I heard that Sarah had ones that needed homes, but I was too late.

Little did I know, when she had gone to collect them, one was missing. Later that day, she heard a small mewing from somewhere around the house, but it took her all afternoon to find it, hiding behind the water heater. She called me to ask if I was serious about wanting one and I said, "Absolutely!"

Oddly, I had brought home some boxes from work the same day, so I had the perfect temporary home all ready to go! It's like it was meant to be - ooooooh.

So now we have a new kitten that needs a name - can you help? Leave us a comment and let us know your preference!! We're going with a Dukes of Hazard theme, so our two choices are Cletus (Britt) and Cooter (Sean). Which name should we go with?

Roscoe has adapted well, even keeping him clean with lots of loving licks, but he plays a little rough, so we can't leave them alone together just yet. Jumper hissed and turned his back, so we still have a little work to do with him!

New Kitten

7 comments:

Sean and Britt said...

Britt votes Cletus.
Sean votes Cooter.

Unknown said...

I vote Cooter.... Sorry Britt!

Unknown said...

I am going to have to go with Cooter also.. what a sweet little thing, makes me want a new furbaby..

Anonymous said...

Crazy Cooter!

Sean and Britt said...

Ok, I wasn't going to try to sway anyone, I was going to leave it neutral so that everyone could make up their own mind, Sean! But since an e-mail went out to people stating his case, I'd just like to say that "Cooter" sounds dirty. I'm just saying.

Sean and Britt said...

www.urbandictionary.com
"Cooter:
2. Most commonly associated with the friendly grease monkey character from the Dukes of Hazard. Now a slang term referring to the female sex organ."

Unknown said...

You guys are so funny!! If I would have known the female slang term.. hmmmm, my vote may have changed...