Business in the front, party in the back.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Britt's Birthday Extravanganza

Britt's entry -
I had such a wonderful birthday weekend, and so many people to thank, but most of all Sean! I couldn't ask for a more incredible boyfriend!

On Thursday afternoon I left work a little early (exhausted from being kept up by the kitten all night). When Sean got home he said that I had a surprise waiting for me at work. Apparently the beautiful bouquet of flowers he had delivered arrived just after I was already gone! Whoops.

On Friday he took me out to dinner, but not before a special secret errand he wouldn't explain until we got there...to his old house where another gorgeous bouquet of flowers was waiting on the front porch! His parent's, Teri and Bud, had them delivered special for my birthday! After picking them up we went to Stella Mia, a little Italian restaurant in Country Village where we had an outstanding dinner and an even more outstanding bottle of Cab. *drool*

Sean had given me part of my present a few weeks before - the new tiny little Ipod Shuffle - and followed it up with a Nordstrom gift certificate so I can pick up some new gym clothes. (Mine are getting pretty ratty. The fabric of all the shorts looks like Swiss cheese and the elastic is just barely holdin' on.) What a great birthday day!

On Saturday, we had about 25 people over to our house for beer and pizza. (The house held up surprisingly well for hosting that many people, so it bodes well for future par-tays!) We got a chance to get people together who had heard all about each other but had never met before, and we even had people there we hadn't seen in far too long, so it was really nice! Several people brought me bottles of wine (they apparently know me well), and Sarah, Max, Garrett, Kristina and Annie got me a new purse and matching carry-all bag, which are FAB-ulous.

Later on we crammed as many people into as few cars as possible and went to Robin Hood Lanes for some Moonlight Bowling. For those of you unfamiliar, there are a series of situations in which you can win cash for strikes or picking up spares. We didn't quite make our money back, but Sean made a strong showing and Angie really showed us all up!

On Sunday, after taking a 3.5 hour nap (just like heaven, in case you were wondering), Sean and I headed over to my grandparents house for a family birthday party for my mom and I. Her birthday is the 19th, mine the 17th. Dean really branched out culinary-wise and made shish-kabobs for dinner! Yum.

All in all, a practically perfect birthday weekend thanks to all the wonderful people in my life!

No comments: