Business in the front, party in the back.

Monday, September 14, 2009

14 weeks

On Saturday, my mom and grandma came over in the morning to offer me a break so that I could go to the gym. Unfortunately, I was so tired from the long week back at work that I opted to stay home and take a nap. The girls did not cooperate. I find it really hard to sleep when I can hear them crying, even if I know it is being taken care of. It's not that I want to go out and help, I just can't sleep through it.

My mom laid the girls belly-down on a blanket at some point and Charlotte was wriggling around so much that she actually rolled over, witnessed by both my mom and grandma. I would have thought this to be a fluke except that Sean saw her do it again today! Way to go, Charlotte. Her other accomplishment today was a diaper that looked to be filled with an entire pudding cup - a massive blowout that went up her back and down to her socks.

I can't help but take a little joy in Sean having his first full day at home today. He has been nothing but supportive of me when I had the girls on my own, and never judgmental about me being in my pajamas when he gets home at 1 in the afternoon. But it's rewarding somehow to have someone else in my shoes, knowing firsthand the frustrations and exhaustion involved. I feel for him, I really do. The girls didn't cut him any breaks - waking up at 4 and sleeping in shifts until noon. That's 8 hours of crying. How do they know that the other one has fallen asleep or is ready to take the waking shift? It's like a psychic teeter-totter.

No comments: