Business in the front, party in the back.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

I lost my engagement ring.

Britt's entry -

Or, to be more accurate, Cooter lost it.

Cooter likes to curl up in the bathroom sink and watch us get ready, and he also enjoys digging through my things to find hair clips and rubber bands he can play with. He bats them around and carries them through the house. I usually take off my ring when I get ready for bed so I don't get soaps and lotions on it, and I put it under my makeup bag so he doesn't mess with it.

I woke up on Thursday morning and it wasn't there anymore. I looked under the bag, in the bag, all over the counter, all over the ground nearby - no ring. I spent most of the morning looking under the bed and in every crevasse in the bedroom. I took another, smaller ring and tried to fit it down the sink, but the stopper got in the way, so I knew the engagement ring wouldn't have fit. But, I took the trap apart just in case and found... nothing.

I was kind of hoping Sean had picked it up and put it in a safe place, or hid it from me to teach me a lesson, but nope, he didn't know where it was either. I got home Thursday night and he had scoured the whole house with a flashlight, and even taken apart the whole bed, but couldn't find it either. We looked with flashlights under all the cupboards and trim and edges we would think of. I found a lot of hair clips and rubber bands, but no ring. And Cooter just watched us, not saying a word about where it might be. We even told him that if he brought it back, he wouldn't have to get neutered next week.

So Friday night I cleaned out the vacuum canister and started vacuuming in every place I could think of, hoping I hear it getting sucked up. Still, lots of rubber bands, milk jug tops, and assorted other Cooter-toys, but no ring.

Sean and I started moving appliances, starting with the fridge. And there it was, way in the back, behind the wheel where we couldn't see it looking under with the flashlight.

What a relief!! That would have been a very unexpected wedding expense. And since Cooter didn't help, he'll still lose his balls on Wednesday. We had a deal.

No comments: