Business in the front, party in the back.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week 13

This week the baby is the size of a peach; 2.5-3" from head-to-rump. (Apparently they've never had a massive and heavenly Chelan peach). It still doesn't feel real at all that there's a baby in there.

Fingerprints have now formed, and the body growth has started to catch up with the head, which is nw only 1/3 of the entire length. If it's a girl, she now has over 2 million eggs in her ovaries - holy grandkids, batman!

Sean and I went to the "Bodies" exhibit when it came to town almost 2 years ago and we were mezmerized by the fetus section, which showed a fetus in every week of gestation. Absolutely amazing. I wish I could find pictures online somewhere. It would help me visualize all of this better - the 'artist depictions' I keep seeing are almost worthless.

No comments: