Business in the front, party in the back.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Musings

Our tree is up! Well, it was up two weekends ago, but I haven't been very blog-ivated. (Aside: My new G1 phone takes lousy pictures, too. The light quality has to be super high and then dark colors aren't very clear.)

Sean is a fan of getting trees early and I'm a fan of putting out the decorations early, so we make a good team. After all, why go to the effort only to use them for 2 weeks, right? The lights on the house were super easy because we didn't take them down last year. Yeah, we're kind of "one of those" except that the way I mounted them under the eaves means that no one can even tell the lights are there unless they're turned on. So that's my reasoning.

Cooter and Roscoe have pretty much left the tree alone, and I learned last year to put decorations at least 2 feet off the ground to avoid temptations and tails. Hey - that's a good name for an ornament shop. Or a burlesque show. "Temptations and tails". Thus far there have been no casualties. *knock on wood*

No comments: